Skip to main content

Rag Rug

Now this is something I took directly from Kirstie's Homemade Home. A woman took hessian sacks and scrap material and turned them in to funky rugs. Now that is something I can do. 
I bought the hessian material which is really cheap online

and bought the rag rug tool which is called a bodger, also cheap online. 



Then I took old clothes (all Dave's) and cut them into strips. 


(The floral fabric isn't Dave's! It's some scrap I had left over. Just in case you were wondering!) 

Then you draw a design on the hessian and try to keep within the confines of the lines. As you can see I am no artist.


Anyway, it's coming along, but it is very time consuming and I keep underestimating the amount of fabric needed. Anyway, it's a practice round; I'm going to make a really big one for the lounge eventually. Updates and photos to follow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals