Skip to main content

How knit all began.

I have become obsessed with crafts and all things hand made. It's relaxing to do and wonderful to use something that you have made. 

Knitted clothes have always been my favourite. They make winter bearable (and comfy!) I was looking through eBay (which I use for buying and selling in equal measures) and I found knitting and crochet kits. The kits came with patterns, needles and wool. I ordered them and they arrived in the post. When I looked at the patterns I wanted to give up. What does K2 mean? 

Then I remembered YouTube. 

I found a video by a woman from Boston with great nail polish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwKR6X5Re4Q and she taught me how to cast on, knit and purl stitch. There were times when I wanted to give up and not bother, but after watching the video enough times it finally sank in. 

I haven't actually made anything yet, but I've been practising different stitches and knits. I'm still very much a beginner, but I am enjoying the endless possibilities.




My project at the moment is to knit Zak a cardigan. 
This is where I am: 

Knitting is very therapeutic and I'm really looking forward to seeing the fruits of my labour. And I'll post some photos on here too.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals