Skip to main content

Reupholstering

This is something I didn't think I'd get the chance to try until we moved out of our small flat and into a house with a garden, but I went for it. I saw how easy it could be on an episode of Kirstie's Style. On eBay I found a vintage Lloyd Loom style storage stool. I bought it and when it arrived here I saw just how hideous the fabric on it was. It was a kind of brown crushed velvet that had aged badly. I didn't waste any time. I ripped up an old Ikea pillow case and lined the seat and had some left over to make a cushion cover. The inside of the stool was plain wood and old and marked so I ripped up more fabric. The result is something I am proud to show in my bedroom and makes perfect storage for me wool (some of it!) 


And inside...


All it took was a staple gun, some pretty fabric, an old cushion and a sewing machine. I am so happy with it. Now all it needs is a lick of paint, but I think I will wait until we have a garden to try that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals