Skip to main content

Baby Tommy

My new nephew Thomas was born this morning to a very exhausted sister. We are so proud and I love him already. It feels like torture not being able to meet him until next weekend. 

Anyway, we had a baby shower last week and I was out of money to buy an extravagant gift so I looked at my pile of wool and I scoured the Internet. The first thing that takes my eye is a yellow blanket with a duck head. I go in YouTube to remind myself how to make a crochet ball and most tutorials are decent. I did this using yellow wool and used the black wool to add crosses for eyes. Then I took some orange wool and crocheted into a square. I folded this square diagonally into a triangle and sewed it on to the head as the beak. Next, and this was spread out over 5 days between calls at work and in the small minutes I had to myself at home, I crocheted a large granny square. Once the square was done I sewed the head securely into the centre, crocheted two more little orange squares and sewed them onto the corners of the blanket as his feet. The end product is better than I could have hoped:



And there he is sitting waiting in Tommy's cot for when he comes home- which may be a couple more days as he was a c-section baby- but waiting nonetheless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals