Skip to main content

Three Little Pigs

It was meant to be a blanket with a crochet tree sewn on. I Google image searched a crochet tree and then copied it from eye. This is my version: 


I am really please with this so I took it a step further. I crocheted a blanket green along the bottom and blue on the top for the grass and the sky respectively. Then I wanted to add a sunshine, cloud and flowers. So I made them using the appropriate coloured wool and with the help of the magic circle technique which I learnt with YouTube's help. Then I decided to add a little brick house. Many thought this looked a different style to the  rest of the bits so I felt deflated as if the blanket was ruined. 

This is where I got to: 

Finally I had a genius idea. Add little animals. My wool stock was limited and I was in Italy so there was no way I could buy more. Until I went to Auchan and they had a wool shop. Here I picked up pink and in this way I made a piggy and another and another until I had three little piggies and a brick house. Perfect. The happy ever after on a blanket. 


I am so happy with it. Most of it was made from memory. The most invaluable thing I have learnt here is the magic circle and the crochet needle is the most valuable tool apart from the crochet hook, of course. 

There were a lot of loose ends on the back of the blanket so I thought about how I could clean this up. And then I saw the most beautiful crochet blankets on Pinterest with a normal fabric backing. So I went on eBay and found some piggy fabric then took my needle and sewed the backing on by hand using wool. And this was the result:  


And from the front:


My pregnant sister Lara loves it and I gifted it to her the other day. She will use it on the pram as it is going to be a winter baby. 

I am thrilled and can't wait to make a whole nursery rhyme blanket collection. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals