Skip to main content

Cuddly Animals

This all started with Tommy's baby shower duck (see previous blogs) and it has escalated. I even took two orders and made real money off these; not the ones below, but an elephant and a cat. They came out brilliantly, but I can't seem to find any photos, which is a shame.

I have photos of Mr Monster and Miss Piglet, however. They are by no means my proudest work, but they are fun to make and make good gifts for newborns and babies. They haven't been well received, but I am struggling with photography and placement and pricing. How much can you charge for four hours of your time? At work I would expect to make over £30, but you can't charge £30 + materials + VAT for these things because no one would buy them.

Anyway, this is a craft blog not a business blog, but if anyone has any advise I'll take it. I welcome comments of any kind.

Look at the photos!



Photo
Mr Monster
Miss Piglet



So yes, I'm always busy crocheting. Even when I'm busy decorating my new house and applying for a PGCE in Secondary English, which starts in September... Very exciting. 

I always find time for crafting. 

I am currently working on my wave crochet blanket, my quaint quilt, my star blanket, my red shorts, my Goldilocks doll, my giant red toadstool cushion and my crochet pot covers. What are you working on? 

BUSY BUSY BUSY! 

Currently listening to Lana Del Rey. 

Feeling very happy. 

Holiday in 1 week. 

Tip of the day: 
I lost a lot of weight (not sure how much because I don't believing in weighing -  I believe in how I look in the mirror) but it's a lot. The secret is no carbs after 5 o'clock and salad with meat for every evening meal. 
I haven't cut down on chocolate because I would fail to function without it, instead I have cut out cakes and cookies unless it's a special occasion and if your life just isn't that special then just limit cake dosage/your guilty pleasure to once every ten days or something. 
The most important rule to any diet is to not refer to it as a diet or you'll want to give up on it straight away, give yourself cheat days, not binge days and eat what makes you feel healthy and happy, not what gives you instant gratification. For example, I am pretty sure I'm slightly wheat intollerant, but I love pasta and bread so instead of cutting them out completely, I've cut right down on them. They give me a tummy ache every time, but you just have to weigh up when it's worth it! 

Please comment and keep crocheting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Cactus Written Pattern

Amigurumi Unicorn Written Pattern

Amigurumi Macaron Written Pattern

Amigurumi Cookie Written Pattern

Yarny from Unravelled Crochet Amigurumi Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Dachshund Written Pattern

Amigurumi Ice Cream Written Pattern

Crochet Amigurumi Mermaid Written Pattern

Crochet Christmas Decorations

Crocheted Wild Animals